If you are wanting to make changes in your life, discover your God given purpose, and see God use you in ways you never imagined then this program is for you. The CORE Leadership Development Program is designed to provide the experience, exposure, and character development necessary to build a solid foundation for your calling.
In this program you will learn directly from the pastors and staff leadership at Christ Central on a variety of topics that will stretch, grow, and equip you to succeed. We want to help you develop your gifts, talents and push you past your comfort zone with leadership teachings from Pastor Lonnie Johns and assignments designed to sharpen your unique gifts.
When most people think of an internship program, they have visions of busy work-fetching coffee, picking up dry cleaning, making copies. But at Christ Central, we’re looking for contributing members for the Kingdom of God. Oh don’t worry, you’ll work hard! After all, changing the world is hard work, but you’ll also get to see the Kingdom of God advanced because of your efforts.
Ministry is a calling, ministry is a privilege, and above all, it’s a chance to be empowered. We have no desire to raise up a generation of great coffee makers. We want to raise up a generation of world changers and leaders. People who are awakened to the God-given potential inside of them to make an impact for the glory of God using whatever gifts God has placed inside of them.
As we begin the process of raising young leaders, our first agenda is building your character. Character is a necessity in ministry. You will fail if you do not build your life around character and integrity. This is first on our list so you will be prepared to handle the demands that ministry will bring to you. Secondly, we want to develop your knowledge of the Bible and and give you a strong foundation to help you live the life that Christ intended for all of us. We will go through both Old & New Testament Survey along with many other important Biblical foundations. Third, we want to help you develop your gifting. If you’re into producing videos, we want to teach you what it looks like to make the best videos for the glory of God. If you have a passion for leading worship? We want to help you grow in the understanding of what worship is and why we do what we do. If you’re gifted in administration, we need you to get in here and help us manage the details that make our processes flow with excellence. Maybe you’re great with kids—we’ve got them, and they need to be raised to life in Christ.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
1. We have recently partnered with the Kings Gate College, which is based out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and is affiliated with Lakeland, Florida’s Southeastern University. If you enroll and are accepted for an academic semester at Kings Gate College, you will earn three credits for practicum, which is mandatory for any of the Associates or Bachelors degrees you are working to achieve. For more information on how to apply to Kings Gate College, please click the link below.
2. You will have the opportunity to join us for 3 to 4 “field trips” that we will take as a group. Some will be visiting other ministries and being poured into by their leaders; some will be attending conferences to here other speakers. Some will be for us to connect and grow together as a family. These trips will be chartered, and the program will cover all travel expenses with exception of food.
3. During the 36 week program, we will have nine private, classroom settings that will be taught by our Senior Leadership Team and also on occasion, depending on schedules, guest speakers from another ministry. In these classroom settings, you will be able to hear the heart of your leadership on a very transparent basis. We will also have many open discussions along with some Q&A opportunities throughout the year.
4. You will have the opportunity to be given the privilege to lead or co-lead in an area of ministry here at Christ Central. Also, with the completion of all three years, you will be considered for employment in an area of need at Christ Central if it were to arise, with the understanding that you meet the requirements of the area you are applying.
TUITION COVERS THE FOLLOWING
1. All materials needed for the program (i.e Certificates, Graduation Supplies, Website, Etc.)
2. Two CORE T-Shirts
3. Field Trip Travel Cost (*Possible Locations For Field Trips)
*Calvary Christian Center - Ormond Beach
*Celebration Church - Jacksonville, FL
*Awakening Conference - Jacksonville, FL
*Teen Challenge - Jacksonville, FL
*Deeper Fellowship Church - Orlando, FL
4. Student Events / Parties / Hangouts
READY TO APPLY?
This is the first step to the process. This is only an application.
You will receive an e-mail regarding your acceptance into the program and more information to the next steps in the process.
1. Level 1 is accepting 36 spots for this next coming year. We will be filling these spots on a first come first serve basis.
2. You CANNOT apply for Level 2 unless you have first graduated from Level 1. If you have graduated from Level 1, you are eligible to apply for Level 2. We are ONLY accepting 24 spots for Level 2. These spots will be filled based on the commitment, dedication, and character that was shown by the student while in Level 1.
3. You CANNOT apply for Level 3 unless you have first graduated from Level 2. We are ONLY accepting 12 spots for this Level. These spots will be filled based on the commitment, dedication, and character that was shown by the students while in Level 1 and Level 2. Our leadership staff will be in the process of selecting the 12 for this level.